Cosmetics + Personal Care Testing
TA.XTPlus Texture Analyzers quantify the physical characteristics and performance of cosmetic products such as lipsticks, eye shadows, eye liners, mascara, foundations, hair gels and hair sprays, deodorants, soap, nail polish, powders, and creams.
Texture analyzers and testing instruments for measuring the textural and physical characteristics of cosmetics and personal care products.
Our clients include almost every major player in the cosmetics industry. They our instruments to precisely quantify the textural and physical characteristics that are critical to their retail customers. Many of the major brands work establish performance standards using our instruments with their co-packers, which has vastly improved quality, consistency and consumer satisfaction. Our products and test methods have even been featured in Cosmetics and Toiletries magazine.
As mentioned in Cosmetics and Toiletries, “For manufacturers wanting to differentiate their products and substantiate their claims, texture analysis is a valuable tool. Scientific texture analysis provides quantifiable, repeatable and accurate data on the physical properties of food, cosmetic, pharmaceutical and chemical products. It is now an established procedure in research and a valuable tool in the quest for improved quality control methods.”
Some of the many parameters that our cosmetic product testing equipment can analyze include:
- Hardness of lipstick, lip balm, wax, false nails, soaps, creams, and eye shadows
- Break strength of lipstick, eye liner, and lip liner
- Firmness and friction of deodorants solids, rollons, and antiperspirants
- Combability and bend strength of hair before and after conditioning and treatments
- Compaction strength of eye shadow and face powders
- Container lid opening force
- Actuation force of pumps and sprays
- Consistency of moisturizing cream and paste
- Friction of cosmetic applications and exfoliators
- Spreadability of creams and face mask formulae
- Stickiness and curing of nail lacquers
- Tube extrusion energy and behaviors
Our family of testing & texture analysis instruments is extremely easy-to-use and very flexible, providing accurate and reproducible cosmetics testing results. The TA.XTPlus and TA.HDPlus Texture Analyzers are simple to calibrate and easy to validate. These texture analyzers are used extensively throughout the cosmetics industry in manufacturing facilities, research & development environments, and academic settings worldwide.
Find out more
What are your testing challenges? We offer many resources to help you determine which equipment and testing methods will yield exactly what you need to know.
- Request a variety of application studies to see our testing products in action.
- View industry papers.
- Check out our blog, Texture Report, for the latest developments in your industry.
- Request a product brochure.
- Request a consultation with one of our regional managers. Our team members are all experienced and trained in a wide variety of texture analysis applications and can help you find the perfect equipment and test method no matter how big or small your testing challenges are.