Gels + Gel Product Testing
Testing instruments to measure and analyze gels and properties of food, medical, industrial and adhesive gels.
Measuring the firmness of a gel capsule? Or the swelling of a pectin-based product? For answers to these questions and more, the Gelatin Manufacturers Institute of America and the International Pectin Producers Association officially recommend our products.
We have been helped users design tests to measure the physical properties of their gels for almost twenty-five years, keeping up with gel test method standards and, in many cases, helping to create them. Stable Micro Systems’ Texture Analyzers are by far the most popular instruments worldwide for testing the physical properties of gels and gel like materials. Virtually the entire membership of the Gelatin Manufacturers Institute of America has standardized their gel testing using the Texture Analyzers distributed by Texture Technologies.
The TA.XTPlus is perfect for measuring bloom, rupture distance and force and other qualities in gels, pectin, agars, colloids, surimi as well as stabilizers, gums and additives. It is popular for mucoadhesive gels, medical gels, protein gels and silicon gels. We have many unique methods to quantify the extensibility and tensile characteristics of gels. Many other Instron-like instruments cannot match our sensitivity, reproducibility or fixtures for gel applications. The food, medical, industrial, adhesive and electronics industries use the TA.XTPlus Texture Analyzer family of instruments to precisely measure the firmness, tackiness, relaxation and swelling of their gels. The TA.XTPlus quantifies the physical parameters of virtually every type of gel.
- Silicon gels
- Medical gels
- Cosmetic gels
- Mucoadhesive gels
- Protein gels
Among the more common gels tested are:
Among the many parameters which can be quantified are:
Find out more
What are your testing challenges? We offer many resources to help you determine which equipment and testing methods will yield exactly what you need to know.
- Request a variety of application studies to see our testing products in action.
- View industry papers.
- Check out our blog, Texture Report, for the latest developments in your industry.
- Explore our detailed analysis of Texture Profile Analysis (TPA), the most detailed and expert reviewed resource available online.
- Request a product brochure.
- Request a consultation with one of our regional managers. Our team members are all experienced and trained in a wide variety of texture analysis applications and can help you find the perfect equipment and test method no matter how big or small your testing challenges are.